Hi there, surely you are wondering why is she posting about mashed potato? Just boil the spuds and mash them, right!
Well no, I now have a much easier and tastier way of mashing without using any elbow grease to mash with my stupid masher and a much easier clean up.
I have tried a few different recipes on the net for thermomix and bellini mashed potato.
Last night I used the old ones as a guide and came up with this one.
Mashed potato in the bellini,
- serves 4-5 (its a bit hard to tell, my kids are big eaters!)
- 750 grams of mashed potato/pumpkin, (I like to mix in butter nut pumpkin as well)
- 160 grams milk
- 40 grams butter
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Put chopped pumpkin and potatoes in bellini bowl, add milk.
- Set temp to 100 degrees on speed one. I didn’t use the mixing tool and half balanced the measuring cup on top so some steam could still come out.
- After the 15 mins add the butter and salt and pepper if you use it. Then set speed to 3 and mix for up to 30 secs.
Mine still had a couple of lumps, but that was ok with us. the best thing was that it wasn’t over beaten and sticky. We have had highly whipped ones before and the family does not like them. if you like it smoother, you can always blitz it for a few more seconds.